1. How do I add HandSomm to my home screen as an icon for a better experience?
iPhone/Safari: Touch the share icon, then touch "add to Home screen".
Android/Chrome: Open Chrome Menu (the 3 dots), then "add to Home screen".
Android/Firefox: Open Firefox Menu (the 3 dots), then "Page", then "add screen shortcut".
2. How do I use the locks on the roulette pictures?
A closed lock blocks the roulette on which it is located. By unlocking it, simply touching it, the wheel can roll again.
If you enter the name of the food (or drink) directly, it will be displayed in the roulette wheel with a closed lock. This is because you have already selected the food (or drink). If you unlock, it means you have given up this choice.
On the other hand, if a food (or a drink) is presented to you after having specified criteria, a first food (or drink) is displayed with an open lock. You can then see other suggestions by spinning the roulette wheel. When you are satisfied with a food (or a drink), you can lock it and then change only the drink (or the food respectively).
3. How do I check the age of a wine? (Young, at its peak, or to be drunk without delay)
Click on "Reset my choices".
Start by entering the appellation of the wine, then select it from the suggestions. For example "Mâcon (white)".
Enter the vintage of your wine (for example 2005).
HandSomm will then display your wine and its vintage in the wheel.
Go to the wine page by clicking on the wine name.
HandSomm will then indicate the age of your wine. It is an order of magnitude.
4. HandSomm is arrogant and only suggests French wines?!
We love Italian, Portuguese, Oregon wines... and they go very well with our food. If this first version is indeed limited to French wines, with Whisky, Port... it's just a question of limited resources. If you can, do not hesitate to help us.
5. How to cut a cheese ? Can I freeze it ? ...
Each cheese has a lot of information on its page. Go to its second image, and you will see the cut. Behind the fridge icon, under the picture, HandSomm shows how to store the cheese. Also read carefully the "Tips, Origin" section.
6. Cooking in advance? "batch cooking"
Dinner on Tuesday but available only Sunday for cooking? With the "+" button go to the page to filter the dishes. Then select "2 days" in the criterion "Conservable up to". If necessary, add other criteria, then validate. Only dishes that can be kept for 2 days without much loss of flavour will be suggesed.
For more information about the different filters, click on the "i" that follows them.
7. How to compose a menu: starter, main course and dessert?
Here is a method that may seem a bit long, but gives good results.
- Start by choosing the main course and its wine: select the "Main course" filter in the "Meal" section, and possibly other criteria according to your tastes.
- Then, using the lock, block the drink and select the "Appetizer" filter. Having the same drink for the starter/appetizer and the main course makes it easier! Choose a starter that contrasts with the main course, for example not twice fish, a lighter dish and a more substantial one...
- If you want to enjoy a cheese, uncheck the "Appetizer" filter and check the "Cheese" filter in the Category section. Here too, the same wine is kept.
Note: if the dish shows the "trou normand" icon, you can do it between the main course and the cheese.
- For dessert, reset the criteria and select the "Dessert" filter in the Meal section. Then choose a sweet dish and its drink. If the main course was particularly consistent, prefer a dessert with a good acidity. You'll enjoy it.